Luis F. Hess
Luis Hess is a seasoned attorney with past experiences working in the US Air Force JAG Corps, in-house counsel at Sisters of Mercy Health System, the USDA legal department, and other private law firms. Mr. Hess has also served as a college instructor and adjunct professor before and after completing his law degree.
Although Mr. Hess has experience in all areas of immigration law, his practice is focused primarily in the area of employment-based immigration. Mr. Hess is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
- Saint Louis University; J.D., Certificate in Health Law
- University of Arizona; M.A., International Relations with a Specialization in Statistical Methodology, summa cum laude
- Saint Louis University; B.A., Philosophy, Political Science, and Economics, summa cum laude
Publications and Presentations
- “Immigration Compliance.” The 16th Employment Law Update. The Woodlands Chamber of Commerce (2012).
- Chapter on “Reverse Mortgages and Foreclosures in Missouri.” Missouri Bar CLE, Elder Law (2010).
- “Event History Analysis: A New I.D.E.A. and a New Approach to Diversionary Theory.” American Political Science Association Conference. Chicago, Illinois (2007)
- “Rational Actors: Do Political Leaders React or Anticipate Changes in Public Opinion?” Western Political Science Association Conference. Albuquerque, New Mexico (2006).
- “From Promises to Policy: An Examination of How Presidents Achieve Success in Presidential-Sponsored Legislation.” Penn State McNair Research Conference. University Park, Pennsylvania (2004).
Foreign Language Training
- Mandarin Chinese from Sprachcaffe International in Beijing, China
- Spanish at the Universidad de Guadalajara in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Spanish at the Madrid-SLU Program in Madrid, Spain
- The Woodlands Bar Association – Board of Directors Member
- Asociacion de Empresarios Mexicanos
- Montgomery County Hispanic Chamber
- Houston Young Lawyers Association – Night Court Member
- State Bar of Texas: Business Law, Construction Law, and Corporate Counsel Section Member
- Knights of Columbus
- St. Anthony of Padua Church Member